FASHION,

MODEST SWIMSUITS?

4:42 pm Unknown 11 Comments

I like swimsuits a lot,even though I can't swim. I know its embarrassing but never mind. As we all know ,the popular trend for swimsuits today is the bikini,a two piece swimsuit consisting of what I call "Bra and pant". lol.




As much I like swimsuits,I am not comfortable with  wearing the bikini. To me ,its far too revealing and it looks like am in my underwear. I hardly imagine myself strutting around in one. Anyway,that's just my opinion. Before I continue , check out my preferred  swimsuit styles below.


 
 





 My other reason for not really digging bikinis is actually because  I believe in modesty. But  being  my fashionable self ,I also like something classy. So the question at hand is  how to combine  fashion with modesty? That's why I arrived at the above options.


Meanwhile, I have been thinking if there were people who also thought of instilling modesty into swim wears. So  I surfed the internet and I found some suits tailored for modesty. I just decided to include a few in this post.


 





























While I reserve my comments on the above swimsuits, I really like to hear what people think about swimsuits and modesty. Is a bikini truly modest or not? Also feel free to share your swimsuit preference and your reasons for it.



ON A LIGHTER MOOD: I never said you couldn't wear a bikini on your honeymoon or on a private getaway with husband. To me its perfectly romantic as long as its just  you and him .*winks*

You Might Also Like

11 comments:

  1. HeEEYYY Tosin,..you know how to put someone on the spot ooh. Anywhooo,..personally I love to wear the complete swimming trunk,...that's the one I used when I first learnt how to swim. As for trying to balance it with being modest,...its easy for me. I would not go to the beach and walk around with the "bra and pant", that's why they made scarves. if its a honeymoon or something special with my hubby, then I will but i'll make sure its a serene place and not crowded. No need to wear something you are not comfortable in. If you must be fashionable then you must me comfortable, the two go together.
    P.S...if anyone must wear the "bra and pant", then pls people lets make sure we are flaunting a beautiful body, atleast pity our eyes and make sure you don't put us all in awe of your not soo beautiful body. Thanks Tosin for sharing.

    www.phroonesis.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. erm the modest swim suits are a little too much. I wouldn't wear a two piece not because of modesty but because I would look like a hot mess in it. I generally don't wear swimsuits because I don't do water :) I would wear a covered one piece but the modest ones are not stylish. I love the two pics on the second row. I could probably rock that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also think likewise doc,but my reason for buying into it was that ,the designers wanted something that was not revealing so as to honor God with their bodies and i do respect that decision.

      Delete
  3. I can't swim too LOL.. the modest ones are more like sport wears

    ladywannabeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey funmi, welcome to the club of non-swimmers.lol. Thanks for dropping by dear

      Delete
  4. Aside the first three, I think the others will feel kinda heavy in water...well I don't know how it feels like in the water, never swam or entered a pool before...

    I get your point about being modest, I always try to apply that in whatever I wear

    Ujesta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes uje, i also feel strongly about modesty.thanks for stopping over dear

      Delete
  5. Everyone here except Hannah Can't Swim.
    Maybe Hannah Could write a blog post on how to swim. lol
    I have Swim Suits but CAN'T swim, They were gifts from friends who wanted me to swim with them.
    i had to recycle them, and dress them up with Blazers.*winks*
    The Beautiful Eagle's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way u didn't! you mean you could recycle swimsuits? Girl i am moving over to your place,forward your address to me,i need to learn some pimping skills from you. Good to have you here dear.cheers.

      And yes,Hannah should do a tutorial for us on swimming.lol

      Delete
    2. lol @ Ugomma and Tosin......I'll see what I can do about that,...make sure to visit my blog for updates, but you do know that swimming can only be learnt effectively by real life practice. Thanx guys.....lol

      www.phroonesis.wordpress.com

      Delete