ENCOURAGEMENT,

TOOTHACHES AND RELEVANCE

3:46 pm Unknown 10 Comments

Hi guys, Sorry I have been missing in action for a while. I had a 2 weeks training that really kept me occupied. I know its been more than 2 weeks,let's just say I had to settle down at work very well . Anyways, its so good to be back on blogsville.


Lately , I developed a  toothache that gives me terrible headache. I'ts so painful that I have to eat with one side of the teeth. As a result of this, I have limited myself to the kinds of food I eat. Right now I avoid almost all kinds of meat as well as foods that require much chewing . I now eat cereals,swallows (amala,wheat,semolina etc) and liquids.
Eating with one side of the teeth can be very uncomfortable and for me,it makes my food less enjoyable.


Nne Haba! Toothache is not an excuse for a bad scarf.lol



OK ,enough pity party!  Something very profound dropped in my spirit in this week.
On my way home from work, I passed by the market and my eyes ran through different foods sold in the market. The meats, nuts and fruits  were the ones that grabbed my attention( I love walnuts,apples and carrots a lot!) but unfortunately I could not buy any because of my teeth. Eating these foods is really hard for me. I have to be careful so that I don't allow the meat/nuts to touch the other side of the teeth, else, I would feel serious pain . As I mourned my dilemma, all of a sudden 1Corinthians 12 : 12-26  came alive and became real to me.

12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized by[c] one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.
15 Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But in fact God has placedthe parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19 If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body.
21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” 22 On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24 while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it. (New International Version)



I believe the above bible passage is self-explanatory.I know that toothaches aren't funny,but I would not have thought in a million years that a pained tooth could cause such fuss to the extent of causing changes in my eating plans/habit. This shows that my teeth,as small as it seems, is of utmost relevance! As I was pondering on this, I also discovered how this truth is so relevant in  our every day living.
Let's take an office as an example . The cleaners are seen as the ones with the lowest rank in some offices(not all offices). If those cleaners decide to go AWOL for three weeks,imagine what the office will look like.In the family,everyone has their own roles. If the father is absent or dead,a vacuum is left and same goes for mother. Even the children have their own unique contributions that they bring to the family ,which will be missed if the children leave the home. In church,its is so obvious that we need various offices  to ensure smooth running of things . Imagine what it will be if the sanctuary keepers weren't there to take care of the toilets..Ewwh! don't let's imagine. Or let's imagine what movement look like if the traffic wardens didn't control the movement of vehicles (Especially in a church with large congregation).


*Chuckles*


We all look different,dress differently ,have different eating abilities as well as different career preferences. Have you thoroughly checked the blogs on blogsville? If you have you have,you will discover that though we all blog, we definitely have different areas of interest.Bloggers write on a lot of subjects ranging from inspiration to food, parenting ,fashion,lifestyle,finances,homemaking,spiritual etc.
I believe God made us differently and gave us different gifts,skills and spiritual gifts so that we can learn from each other and complement each other . I call this unity in diversity.... How awesome is the wisdom of God and how profound are the depths of his wisdom.May his name be exalted forever!!!!




So just before you think you are  unimportant,think about this..... In that thing you do diligently or with that talent you have been gifted ,you can make a lot of difference in your own way. It can be something simple as showing love to others, you might not know who you are influencing. Remember, you are of utmost relevance and so is my premolar tooth.

LOVELY WEEKEND TO Y'ALL

You Might Also Like

10 comments:

  1. welcome back tosin..
    sorry about your tooth but I am grateful for the lessons learnt from it. thanks for sharing dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. It makes me think about staying in my lane because everyone has a different part to play/ role in Gods ultimate plan, It makes me think that envy is foolishness. Get your tooth checked out soon gal before it gets worse. My sis had to get a root canal because they were wasting time in the dental office.
    I saw your comment, of course you can reblog the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree. Comparing ourselves with other people is abosolute foolishness,we are all unique in our own way.well said doc.

      And thanks,will definitely get my tooth checked.

      Delete
  3. so so sorry about your toothache my dear sister.
    hope u are feeling better?
    great post dear!!!

    ezechimereuchenna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much uchenna. About my tooth,as much I hate hospitals,a visit to the dentist should help.

      Delete
  4. Nice piece tosin
    www.fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better now? We all have our parts to play, and different roles, no need for jealousy or envy..this is so true

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks uje ,really appreciate you coming by

      Delete