DECISIONS,

LOSING CONTROL!!!

3:30 pm Unknown 10 Comments

Speed intrigues and frightens me at the same time. As I  watched a car speed past us , the word "Control" came to my mind. Handling the steering of a vehicle puts you in a position of authority over that vehicle . One can do as he/she wishes to the vehicle because they possess the power to control it. Probably, one of the reasons why people drive recklessly is because they feel in control.


Our lives are  just like  vehicles. Just  the way fate of  a vehicle depends on the driver, the outcome of our lives depends on whom we allow to drive. A reckless driver would lead the vehicle to its doom. An unskilled driver is likely to crash the car but a skilled and wise driver, will steer the vehicle well and take it to the purposed destination.


My question is ,who drives you? I would like to admit that I like to have control over things, so let's just say, I would like to be the driver of my own life. Is that a good choice? of course its not!  The reason is because,  human knowledge and abilities are limited ,which means these cannot drive a life perfectly. The skilled and perfect driver is God,he has been around since time immemorial , so he knows which road is good and which is bad. He also has so much expertise that he knows when to speed up or slow down,he also knows when to make a right-turn,left-turn or u-turn. He knows the appropriate gear to use for a particular journey and situation. I don't think I should be telling you that you don't dare hand over the steering of your life to the devil. Only one thing can come out of this and it is spelt  D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R!!!

Having thought of these things, I decided I wanted the best driver to drive me even if it means losing control. But God wont force himself on us, he has given us the grace to choose. Therefore, if you want him as your driver,you need to invite him.You need to accept him as your savior and you need to rely on him daily for guidance in ALL THINGS.

YOUR TURN
I would love to hear your views about this post .I look forward to reading them.


You Might Also Like

10 comments:

  1. Awesome write-up sis..felt rily moved by this wonderful piece. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, my dear bro-in-law, I really appreciate you stopping by. Thanks a brunch. Cheers!

      Delete
  2. Love the way you related the driver to true life situation.
    I chose to let Jesus take the wheel.His Hands are more capable than mine and will lead to a perfect and glorious end.
    Thanks 4sharing this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes o Frances,Only God is the best driver. Thanks for stopping by.How's law school,hope the stress is not too high. Love

      Delete
  3. I remember a friend of mine telling me that living life is a lot like driving a car. He said that you must keep your eyes on the road and focus on the direction that you are going, but do not forget the importance of your rear-view mirror. You need to reflect on where you have been, how you got where you are, and check on those who may be following you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! that's one great illustration . I do appreciate you coming over. God bless you.

      Delete
  4. Blessings....
    Skills is great yes however while one might be a great driver they cannot account for another driver. Now a days it is not enough to drive well one has to learn defensive driving that will help in the unexpected circumstances. Of course there is no ideal however preparation goes a long way in making the difference between life and death.

    I unfortunately has had one too many close calls with car accidents, one i was not even in the car! The other I was in a taxi. I opened the door to exit, jut as i extended my foot to step out, something said to me, Rhapsody pull your foot back in the car now! I did and immediately another car sped by and took off the taxi car door I was about to exit. See what I mean about not being able to predict the actions of others?

    Have a blessed day.
    https://www.facebook.com/RhapsodyPhoenix
    https://plus.google.com/101099217204323189067
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4442621/rhapsody-phoenix
    http://pinterest.com/rhapsodyphoenix/
    http://s599.photobucket.com/profile/rhapsodeez
    http://www.shelfari.com/rhapsodyphoenix
    https://twitter.com/rhapsodyphoenix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another wonderful point you have got there. I believe the inner voice that told you to put back your feet was the Holy spirit. This truly illustrates that we cannot lead our lives perfectly by ourselves. Thanks for stopping by. Love

      Delete
  5. Great post...sometimes we act like we know too much and want to take control...but thank God for His mercies, He brings us back

    Ujesta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Human wisdom can never sustain one through life.Great tots there Uje. Much love

    ReplyDelete