ask,

Thursday's thoughts

12:50 pm Unknown 1 Comments

Hi people ! How are you today.
Hope you are having a Godilicious week

I remember one evening I was going out to get something, hubs was half asleep and I didn't tell him I was going out. So I jammed the door without taking the keys and off I went .

Then I came back and couldn't get in. I remembered hubs was asleep and since he was my only way of getting in , I started knocking. Boy! I knocked! and knocked till I woke my husband.




Then my thoughts went to Matthew 7:7




It was the knocking aspect that really struck me. We are asked to knock and the door will be opened . But the truth is, we just knock a little in prayers and stop knocking.

In my case, I kept knocking till my husband opened. God wants us to be this way. Just like I knocked till I woke my husband and he opened the door, God wants us to keep knocking till we get his attention and intervention on that thing.




Why does God want us to knock till he opens, knowing fully that God take sometimes to answer prayers. It is not that he doesn't hear when we first lift that request in prayers. He knows what we need and hears our first prayers. I believe he just wants to learn patience, which is one of the fruits of the spirit. He is interested in giving us blessings but more interested in our spiritual development.




He hears and he answers, and he has a timing for everything. Keep knocking folks till you see the door opened.

Peace people!

You Might Also Like

1 comment: